Mahir Awrahem graduated with a Master of Sciences degree in Computer Sciences from University of Detroit Mercy, Master of Business Administration Applied Computer Science from Northcentral University, Bachelor of Sciences degree in Mathematics from University of Mosul/Iraq, and he studied Theology, Bible, Philosophy and Church History from Theology School in Mosul/Iraq.
Mr. Awrahem works as an Application Developer and Website Design and he worked for 12 years as a part and full time Computer Programming Instructor at Baker College of Clinton Township and he:
- Teaches at University of Detroit Mercy – Aramaic Studies – Since 2009
- Teaches Oakland University – Computer Science since Fall 2013
- Teaches Oakland Community College – Computer Science since Fall 2014
- Created the curriculum of the Aramaic Studies class in 2009. He authored the textbook for the class he teaches the course at the center.
- Created the Chaldean Aramaic App (10 chapters) for Mango Languages in 2017.
- Assyrian Aid Society of America – Board of Directors. Detroit Chapter. 2002-2013
- Assyrian Aid Society of America – Member. Detroit Chapter. 2000-2002.
- Chaldean Federation of America – Board of Directors. 2003-2005.
- Chaldean Federation of America – General Assembly. 1999-2003.
- A.S.Y.U.M. – President. 2003-2005.
Mr. Awrahem’s awards include the CFA Commencement Chairman Award (2005) and the Education Award (2004), both from the Chaldean Federation of America.
He is married to Farah and has two kids, Mariam and Jacob.